Egg Free, Dairy Free Caesar Salad
This Egg Free, Dairy Free Caesar Salad is egg free, dairy free, nut free, and easily adapted (as I did) to be gluten free.
This Lemon Chicken Salad with Basil Dressing was basically a throwing together of a bunch of yummy
goodies I was given by Just Organic to review…everything was so fresh and amazing, I didn’t want to do too much to it! I was also given some mung beans which I sprouted with my 4 year old daughter…this is a really fun activity for preschoolers and we didn’t need to wait too long! They were ready to eat in 3 days 🙂
- 3/4 cup dried pasta
- 4 pieces venison sausage, sliced
- 4 asparagus spears, cut into small lengths
- 6 green beans, sliced
- chopped Cos lettuce
- 1/2 zucchini, green part grated
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place a pot of salted water on to boil and start chopping the vegetables while it comes to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender. While it is cooking, prepare the dressing by melting the honey and adding to all the dressing ingredients. Shake well in a jar. Approximately 2 minutes before the end of cooking time, add the asparagus and beans to the pot. Once pasta and veges are cooked, strain well then run cold water over to cool completely. Add the remaining ingredients and toss with the dressing (or serve the dressing separately like I do).