Dairy and egg free chocolate chip cookies
I am an an absolute sucker for oooey gooey hot chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven…and my daughter just loves the raw mix! But I find most recipes have at least an egg or two in which is very problematic for us 🙁 But these adapted cookies are yummier than the other ones with eggs I had tried anyway. If your household is anything like ours…they won’t make it to the biscuit tin! Honestly, I am the chief guilty party though.
- 1 and a half cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 150g dairyfree margarine
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar dissolved in 1 Tablespoon water, and cooled
- 2 Tablespoons milk alternative (we use rice milk)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips (we chop Whittakers 74% chocolate up in a food processor)
- Cream the margarine and sugars together until white and fluffy. Pour the cooled sugar syrup in gradually. Make sure its quite cool otherwise the mixture will melt. Add the dry ingredients which have been sifted together, milk and vanilla and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Take care not to over mix. Place teaspoonfuls on a tray and bake at 175 degrees until golden.