Allergy Free Banoffee Pie
This Allergy Free Banoffee Pie is dairy free, egg free, nut free, gluten free and soy free. And coincidentally incredibly delicious. It also happens to be super sweet and rich so not for the faint-hearted!
It features layers of a sticky, oozy, delicious caramel made from coconut condensed milk, vanilla whipped coconut cream, shaved chocolate, bananas and a gluten free coconut crumb. It is also ridiculously easy to make and can be made in advance 🙂 Big thanks to VCO Natural for the coconut oil I used in this recipe.
- 1 tin coconut condensed milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 T coconut oil (I use VCO Natural coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup shaved/flaked coconut
- 1 heaped Tablespoon honey
- splash vanilla extract
- approx 3 teaspoons coconut oil (I use VCO Natural coconut oil)
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate shavings (I use Whittakers dark choc and shave with a large knife)
- 1 tin coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons icing sugar (gluten free if needed)
- place all the coconut and vanilla in a food processor and blend to a fine crumb. Add the honey and one spoonful of coconut oil. Blitz until combined. Keep adding coconut oil until it starts to come together. I used 3 teaspoons. Place on an oven tray and place in an oven heated to 175 degrees Celsius. Check every 2-3 minutes as it burns very quickly! Take out when golden brown (approx 6 minutes). Leave to cool completely.
- Place all the ingredients in a pot and bring to the boil, whisking continuously (it will stick on the bottom if not stirred). Boil rapidly for 5 minutes. Place in an ovenproof container and cook at 175 degrees Celsius for a further 10 minutes. Cool completely then refrigerate until ready to use.
- Open the refrigerated coconut cream and scoop off the thick part. Whisk until very thick with the icing sugar and vanilla. Layer up in glasses with slices of banana, the caramel, the whipped cream and the coconut crumb. Sprinkle the chocolate shavings over the top.